These blueberry pancakes have all the appeal of latkas, without the frying.
My blueberry pancakes are the perfect recipe to play with gluten-free flour. And nobody but you will even notice you made some accommodations for Healthy Gluten-Free Treats.
Don’t be surprised that I use frozen berries!
Unsweetened of course: Frozen Fruit are my great favorite: ready, sweet, delicious, always available, and always affordable. I recently made them with all-blue cornmeal, and they were delicious but they took on an ink-deep blue color, so I decided to make them with regular cornmeal and got the same delicious flavor but more pristine look above. You can easily make these pancakes dairy-free by using any dairy-free milk and yogurt.
You will love the pleasing grittiness of cornmeal in these blueberry pancakes!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups fine cornmeal
- 2 pouches Mixed Berry Levana Nourishments
- 1 cup flour, any flour including Gluten-free
- 2 cups whole milk plain yogurt, buttermilk or coconut yogurt
- 2 cups whole milk or milk alternative
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, or 1/3 cup stevia or truvia
- ¼ cup coconut oil or extra light olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups blueberries, frozen OK, thawed
Place all but last ingredient in a blender, and blend until smooth (or just whisk by hand). Transfer to a bowl, and fold in the berries by hand.
Heat a skillet until very hot. Spray with vegetable spray. Drop the batter by heaping tablespoons, 6-7 at a time, and cook 1-2 minutes on each side. Serve hot, alone or drizzled with honey or maple syrup, or topped with plain yogurt.