Energy bars are all the rage.
But have you ever taken the time to read their ingredient list in most commercial brands?
I am sorry to say they are not the healthy snacks they are cracked up to be. By contrast, just look at this lineup of ingredients: Why even bother shopping for snacks, if ten minutes of work will get you dozens of these scrumptious energy bars? Each one is like having a meal: You just can’t miss! When I am on the road, they are my best friends. They keep very well, in a tin or in the freezer, no need to wipe them all out, so behave please!
These energy bars are a real nutritional powerhouse!
You will find several variations below, including a super simple one I make all the time and love, with just dates, toasted nuts and orange flower.
Want to skip the food processing? Use pure date paste!
- Basic Recipe:
- 6 cups soft and plump pitted dates, packed (about 2 ½ pounds)
- 1/4 cup tehina (sesame paste) or other nut butter
- 2 pouches Cocoa Coffee Levana Nourishments
- 3 cups toasted nuts
- 2 cups toasted sesame seeds (10-12 minutes in a preheated 300°F oven)
In a food processor, process the dates until a perfectly smooth paste forms. Transfer to a bowl, and add all but last ingredient. Combine thoroughly (it will be sticky: be patient). Press the mixture firmly into a greased cookie sheet, about 1/2 inch high. Press the sesame seeds firmly and evenly over the whole top. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into 1x3 inch bars. You might also shape the mixture into logs, roll the logs in toasted sesame seeds, wrap the logs tightly in plastic wrap, refrigerate or freeze the logs, and slice as needed, even straight out of the freezer. Store refrigerated in airtight tins.
- Substitute other dry fruit for the dates (apricots, figs), anything except prunes.
- Substitute Levana Nourishments Mixed Berry or Levana Nourishments Vanilla Bean for the Cocoa Coffee
- Substitute 3 cups granola for the nuts.
- Skip the tehina/nut butter
- Substitute 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats for the granola
- Throw in 2 cups unsweetened grated coconut
- Throw in 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Energy Balls: shape the mixture into balls, and roll in coconut, cocoa powder, chopped nuts etc...
slots of vegas instant play
888 casino uae
dissertation help free
dissertation proposal example
writing a dissertation abstract
help dissertation thesis advice
dissertation writing guide
best dissertation writing service
writing dissertation service
dissertation editing services
dissertation proposal help
dissertation help services
writing a proposal for your dissertation
writing your dissertation in a week
help with masters dissertation
dissertation writing memes
citing a dissertation
dissertation literature review help
dissertation help online
medical dissertation writing service
best dissertation writing service
rutgers dissertation proposal help
what is dissertation
writing methodology for dissertation
defending your dissertation
online dissertation help
dissertation proposal writing
how to write a dissertation proposal
writing a dissertation methodology
casino online real money usa
play bingo for real money
writing a phd dissertation
dissertation writing and editing
help with dissertation writing
dissertation help scam
dissertation statistics help
thesis and dissertation writing
cheap dissertation writing services
casino deposit bonuses
free no deposit bonus casino
no deposit bonus casinos