Muffins! You say cupcakes, I say muffins!
Gosh, I would hate to lose my popularity with the junior cupcake crowd, but many years of catering kids’ parties and watching their delighted faces as their lick their fingers put my fears at rest. This Muffin recipe is going to be your best friend. Your children will love me!
As if that was not enough, my granddaughter Musia recently described to me a birthday party she went to and said to me “The only thing I didn’t like is I had to wipe off all those blue and green and red creams off the tops of the cupcakes. Bubbie, why do they need it?” Yes, why indeed?
I make muffins, and make them festive in countless ways!
The festive part is not expressed in extra sugar or fat, or added colorings. To name just a few examples: I make mini muffins; I use multicolored muffin liners; I sprinkle them with miniature chocolate chips, grated coconut, grated apple, blueberries or chopped nuts; I stick cute flags and candles into them at display time. However, if you absolutely must, top the muffins (excuse me, the cupcakes) with icing or frosting or whatever, I trust you will find recipes for that everywhere. But I sincerely hope you don’t…..
As always, I am starting with the simplest preparations.
This is my master muffin recipe, complete with all variations. You will be amazed at all the possibilities, all equally easy, delicious and nutritious. Mix and match, and get different results each time. You will never ever eat a store-bought muffin again, let alone a muffin mix: I am not even going there! This recipe makes a dozen and a half medium muffins, in less than ten minutes’ preparation time.
All these muffin batters are mixed by hand, no need for a mixer.
My muffins are all gluten-free-friendly.
Just one useful piece of advice: When adapting these recipes to gluten-free, always make muffins out of them, not larger cakes because the smaller the gluten-free item, the more manageable, and the less room for flopping and crumbling.
Scroll down for all my muffins variations, including cake!
- Vegetable spray
- 2/3 cup milk or dairy-free milk alternative
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup extra light olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sucanat or coconut sugar, or 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup stevia
- 3 Granny Smith (green) apples, unpeeled, cored and grated coarse in a food processor
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose, whole wheat pastry or spelt flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 pouches Vanilla Bean Levana Nourishments
Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Spray about 18 muffin molds with vegetable spray.
First, combine the milk, eggs, oil, sucanat and apples, and mix thoroughly but gently in a bowl, making sure not to extract more moisture from the apples. In another bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, raisins, nuts, cinnamon and meal replacement. Then, add the dry mixture to the milk mixture, combining gently but thoroughly with a spoon, taking care not to over mix, which toughens the batter. Next, pour the batter into the prepared muffin pans. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Muffins and Cake Variations:
All substitutions in equal amounts:
- For the all purpose flour, substitute whole wheat pastry or spelt flour.
- For gluten-free, GF substitute any GF flour plus 1 teaspoon xanthan gum. Make sure the mix includes a third tapioca flour
- For the oil, substitute coconut or flax oil, or olive oil marked “light”
- For raisins, substitute dried cranberries (only if you use cranberries, add 1/4 cup sugar or sucanat to offset their sourness) or other chopped dry fruit (prunes, apricots, dates, figs, etc.
- For grated apple, substitute 2 cups packed grated carrots or zucchini, or 2 cups unflavored plain canned pumpkin, or 3 ripe bananas diced small, or 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries marked IQF or IFF
- For walnuts, substitute almonds or pumpkin, flax, sesame, chia, hemp, poppy or sunflower seeds.
- Throw in 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips.
- For cinnamon, substitute ground ginger, cardamom or allspice, lemon zest or orange zest
- For rolled oats, substitute barley, quinoa, spelt, soy or other flakes.
- Vegan: If you are egg- restricted, use ½ cup flax mixture (1/2 cup warm water mixed with 2 tablespoons flax meal)
- Throw in a cup of unsweetened grated coconut.
To make a loaf or a round cake:
Only if using eggs and regular flour (all purpose, whole pastry or spelt), in other words not for egg-free or/and gluten-free batters. Pour the batter into a greased round pan or tube pan, or into a greased 11x14 inch baking pan, and bake in a preheated 350ºF oven, about one hour, or a little longer, until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
vegas free slots games
[url=”https://411slotmachine.com”]piala 123 slot[/url]
slots canyon inn
citing a dissertation
[url=”https://dissertationhelpexpert.com”]writing editing services[/url]
online dissertation help
dissertation writing service
[url=”https://dissertationhelpspecialist.com”]dissertation writing services[/url]
mathematics dissertation help
buy art online berlin
dissertation help service
gambling casino online bonus
[url=”https://1freeslotscasino.com”]gambling online for real money[/url]
proposal and dissertation help plan
[url=”https://examplesofdissertation.com”]professional dissertation help[/url]
no deposit casino games
[url=”https://1freeslotscasino.com”]real money casino games[/url]
[url=”https://helpwithdissertationwritinglondon.com”]best dissertation help services[/url]
[url=”https://professionaldissertationwriting.com”]best dissertation help services[/url]
dissertation literature review
top casino site
[url=”https://9lineslotscasino.com”]online casinos with no deposit bonus[/url]
online gambling sites no deposit
help with dissertations
[url=”https://professionaldissertationwriting.org”]dissertation proposal methodology example archived[/url]
dissertation help near me
safe online casino
[url=”https://all-online-casino-games.com”]free sign up bonus no deposit casino[/url]
free welcome bonus no deposit
[url=”https://writing-a-dissertation.net”]doctoral dissertation help your[/url]
uf thesis and dissertation
online casino bonuses
[url=”https://casino8online.com”]free cash bonus no deposit casino[/url]
online casino reviews usa
[url=”https://writingadissertationproposal.com”]how long should a dissertation be lse[/url]
medical dissertation writing services
bingo casino online
[url=”https://casino-online-jackpot.com”]online casino no deposit welcome bonus[/url]
free no deposit bonus casino
free welcome bonus
[url=”https://casino-online-roulette.com”]free no deposit casino[/url]
mobile online casino
no deposit bonuses
[url=”https://cybertimeonlinecasino.com”]online slots real money free bonus[/url]
online bingo for money
real money no deposit casino
[url=”https://download-casino-slots.com”]casino free spins[/url]
best usa casinos
online casinos usa
[url=”https://firstonlinecasino.org”]free sign up bonus online casino[/url]
usa online casinos