My black bean burritos are in my Dairy-Free Cookbook.
I whip up my BBB recipe, as I call it, whenever company is coming on short notice. If I don’t have the burritos or corn tortillas on hand, I simply put the filling in a bowl.
Black Bean Burritos are so much fun to eat!
Let everyone dig in, with corn chips and guacamole, vegan yogurt or vegan sour cream, tomato salsa, vegan cheddar etc..
Chocolate, beans and beer! Yum!
A mischievous and wonderfully messy little trio, brought together in these burritos: how can you miss?
Black Bean Burritos are great the vegetarian or vegan way too!
There are so many terrific flavors in the dish, it will never miss the meat! Great to know for those times we must accommodate meatless guests.
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 12-ounce bottle beer, dark or light
- 4 canned black beans, good natural brand please, rinsed
- 2 cups finely diced smoked turkey (vegetarian: skip the turkey)
- 2 pouches Levana Nourishments Garden Vegetable
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 6-8 sprigs cilantro, leaves only
- Salt to taste (go easy, you might need only very little if at all)
- 1/3 cup semisweet or bitter sweet real chocolate chips
- A dozen, or a couple more, store-bought burritos, or corn tortillas (Gluten-Free: Be sure to check the GF sign on the burritos label)
Bring the first set of ingredients to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered, 20 minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips and cook 5 more minutes.
Fill the tortillas with the filling while it is hot and roll, placing them seam side down as you go. Offer the garnishes on the side: guacamole, grated vegan cheddar (dairy if you kept your dish meatless), sliced scallions, chopped tomatoes.
No comments yet.