This cabbage soup tastes so luxurious I often serve it at holiday meals.
So don’t even hesitate! Please don’t get me wrong: I know how humble something like cabbage soup sounds, but just wait till you see how delicious it is: My guests love it! It’s not just the taste that will knock their socks off; it is also about how exciting it is to get something fantastic with something so plebeian.
Cranberry sauce is the secret ingredient in this cabbage soup: It works like a charm!
Naturally sweet and sour! It is vegetarian too, like the overwhelming majority of my soups.
Give the food processor all your grinding and all your shredding to do in a jiffy!
The soup freezes beautifully, so don’t divide the recipe: Freeze!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 pouches Levana Nourishments Garden Vegetable
- 1 small head white cabbage, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced (food processor)
- 3 large potatoes, shredded (food processor)
- 1 15-ounce can natural cranberry sauce
- 1 large bunch dill, chopped
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup unfiltered cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring all ingredients to a boil in a wide heavy bottom pot. Lower the temperature to medium, and cook covered 30 minutes, or a little longer, until the cabbage is very soft and tender. Adjust the texture and seasonings.