Attention sweet potato lovers:
This is a wonderful way to expand on your repertoire, and enjoy it more often.
We don’t often think of pairing it with bold assertive ingredients like olives, lemon and cilantro: this is a real winner! The humble Sweet Potato looks and tastes quite chic in this Moroccan dish.
We Sephardis love Stovetop cooking.
It will only get better the second and even the third day, so don’t worry about making the whole batch.
The dish will be just as good with half sweet potatoes and half carrots.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 pouches Levana Nourishments Garden Vegetable
- 4 medium size sweet potatoes (or half sweet potatoes half carrots), cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup green or black pitted olives, or a mixture, rinsed
- 3 cups water
- Ground pepper to taste
- Juice and zest of of 2 lemons
- Chopped parsley and cilantro for garnish
Bring the first set of ingredients to boil in a heavy pot. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, covered, about 20 minutes. Raise the heat and cook another 5 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the sauce is thick. Stir in the lemon juice, zest and chopped herbs.
Although they are delicious hot, they will make a very good side dish at room temperature as well.
Makes 6 servings.
No comments yet.